About Building A Log Home
They are all different and that is part of their unique beauty.
Loghomes.com is America's 1st log home public interest log home web site enabling log home mills and builders to provide free log home and log cabin information to the general public. Our primary goal is to provide the public all the information they need to make a sound log home buying decision. Our mission statement. Established in 1994
We highly recommend that you learn all you can about log homes. Here is a link to our information request form where you can begin the journey. Request A Log Home Catalog and free information about building a log home. Tell us where you would like live in the US or Canada and the different features you would like to have in your home. The builders associated with loghomes.com will help you get started.
There is much more to building a log home than shopping for the least expensive log package one can find on the Internet or magazine. The Internet or catalog package price is simply the starting point for negotiation. It is the primary drawing card for many log builders. For example; a log home buyer should consider thing like a log home construction style. Will you be building a milled log home with uniform sized logs or will you be building a handcrafted log home. Do you like round logs, square logs, or D shaped logs, double round logs - round inside and outside flat top and bottom, coped logs, scribed fit, tongue and groove fit, interior log walls or walls framed and sheetrocked, and how about the corners - dovetail joining, butt and pass or saddle notch corners? What diameter log are you seeking? All these things and more help to determine the price of the log home or cabin.
Are there ways to save money on the purchase of a log home or cabin? Yes there are and we will explore some of them. They are all about making good decisions.
Here is a brief list of the information what you will find in the information section of loghomes.com in the coming weeks.
- HOW A LOG HOME DREAM BECOMES REALITY
- Choosing a log home construction style
- Picking a floor plan that fits your family and lifestyle
- Why use an architect to design a log home?
- Buying land for your log home or cabin
- Selecting the building site for your log home or cabin
- Do you want a turnkey log home or
- Will you be an owner builder or owner contractor?
- Selecting your turnkey log home builder
- Are log homes energy efficient?
- "Women Can do it" An article about a lady being the owner contractor
- Engineering log home to meet state and county building codes
- Building on the grid or going solar. Which is best for you?
- Budget Planning: Have you done the math?
- We are building a glossary of log home construction terms for the lay person. (This is a work in progress and will be completed soon.)
More information will be added soon including;
- A brief history of log homes.
- Have you read the log home contracts - twice?
- News - subscriber news releases